Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Display issue after fresh re-install of W7, T60p

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
sbjoe
Freshman Member

Display issue after fresh re-install of W7, T60p

#1 Post by sbjoe » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Not sure of the nature of this issue, so I posted this over at the T6x board as well. I don't have any reason to suspect it's a hardware issue so this might be the better venue.

Anyway, long story short, brand new installation of W7. I've installed and run System Update a couple of times. Yesterday, after leaving it running with the lid closed for a little while I came back to find the display dimmed to the lowest setting. Didn't respond to the hotkeys, so I restarted and everything was fine again. Figured I'd neglected to install the hotkeys package, so I went to the lenovo website, downloaded and installed it; everything seemed fine with normal hotkey functionality. Fast forward to this morning, I found the display dimmed and unresponsive to the hotkeys after returning from running an errand.

This is totally new. It wasn't happening before I reinstalled the o/s. It's fine again after restarting, for the moment, but I don't relish the thought of having to restart every time I walk away from it for a bit. Any clues?

thx, -joe
Thx, -joe T42p (T2373C96); T60p (T8743FKE5)