Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Anybody heard about BoomzAudio Mini speakers? *PIC*

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
RealBlackStuff
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Anybody heard about BoomzAudio Mini speakers? *PIC*

#1 Post by RealBlackStuff » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Has anybody seen, or bought, or know of someone who has these mini speakers from http://www.boomzaudio.com ?
Their website is rather limited, is boomzaudio a scam?

Lovely day for a Guinness! (The Real Black Stuff)
Lenovo: X240, X250, T440p, T480, M900 Tiny.

PS: the old Boardroom website is still available on the Wayback Machine

killer
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: Anybody heard about BoomzAudio Mini speakers? *PIC*

#2 Post by killer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:27 pm

@RBS: Not having heard of them I followed your lead to their web page. It is short of information but, at the bottom right of the page, there is a link to Technical Information. On there, apart from the detail, it has a contact address so one may ask them direct questions.

Anyway, 3 Watts of power for a speaker is not going to fill a concert hall, never mind a normal living room, and I'd suggest it would struggle to be anything but tinny rather than just tiny. :roll:
T540p Win 7 Pro 64

X1 Carbon Win 7 Pro 64 for my wife.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Dogs must be carried on the escalator. Where can I find a dog?

emeraldgirl08
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#3 Post by emeraldgirl08 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 am

Is there only one speaker? If you need tiny portable ones that sound decent you might take a peek at the X-mini Max II capsule speakers. I've had a pair for about a little over a year now and they're still going strong. The speakers are rechargeable via USB and sound pretty decent for tiny speakers. Mine charge rather quickly and last for hours on a single charge and continuous use. The black finish on the speakers are similar to the rubbery textured surface like the T and X models of TPs. I'm not gentle with my speakers. I just throw them in my bag with their cable whenever I transport them and they've been good to me thus far :)

Only gripe is that blue LED light. It's BRIGHT! I have to cover it with electrical tape whenever I use them in a dimly lit room. Oh and the 1/8" jack is a straight type. I like the jacks where it is shaped like an 'L.'

Link for X mini here.
Thinkpad T470 | iPhone XR | mATX Comet Lake Desktop | Hackintosh Monterey | Lenovo L24q-30 Monitor

jronald
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

#4 Post by jronald » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I see in my son's eyes, each day, the wonders I have squandered fortunes to possess and have sought my entire lifetime to attain. jrr 09/2011

T400's and T500's