Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

New to the forum

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Scott H.

New to the forum

#1 Post by Scott H. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 pm

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place, I looked for an Introduction section but I couldn't find one. :??:

I recently picked up a couple of IBM T23 Laptops as a Lot Auction from eBay and have had an older IBM NetVista computer for a while now.

I found this forum while doing a web search on the Thinkpads and decided to join after reading only a few posts on here. I can't wait to see just what I can do with them now that I have found such an informative site! So far, I've found the answer to almost every question I had about them with a simple search, and a some added information that I had no idea about (Such as the Thinklight on the lid).

I was in the computer Sales & Service business back in the DOS 6.0, Windows 3.1, 286, 386, 486, 586, and Pentium 1 days. After that, I just wasn't all that interested in them anymore and just bought store brand computers when I needed a new one. Now that I'm on the sidelines with a lower back injury, I've got a lot of catching up to do if I want to get these Laptops running right again.

Scott Hilton
Last edited by Scott H. on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** I don't SUFFER from InSaNiTy... I ENJOY every minute of it!!! ***

A couple of T23 Thinkpad Laptops, and an IBM NetVista Desktop.

ajkula66
SuperUserGeorge
SuperUserGeorge

Re: New to the forum

#2 Post by ajkula66 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Regardless of how old your ThinkPads are, this forum is *the* place to be.

As for the T23, it is still a well-loved model by many of us, and there's no shortage of expertise and/or parts for these babies, even a decade after the last one left the assembly line.

Enjoy your stay!
...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules...(King Crimson)

Cheers,

George (your grouchy retired FlexView farmer)

One FlexView to rule them all: A31p

Abused daily: T520, X200s

PMs requesting personal tech support will be ignored.