Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Acronis website.

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Davemci
Sophomore Member

Acronis website.

#1 Post by Davemci » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:07 pm

After using up my 3 Acronis licenses for 2011 I decided to order 2012. So, I order the family pack with 3 licenses for Acronis Home and opt in to receive the software on DVD. The only problem is they don't have anywhere on their web page to fill in your street address. Check it out... So, I enter chat and ask how are they going to send it to me if they don't have my complete address. I then enter chat with a sales rep who wants to review my previous chat. He then replies "most people order by phone". They probably get a lot of orders from the hearing impaired, I bet.. Anyway, I decide to get the software from Newegg and find they are sold out. I finally decide I can live without it.
X220, 600X, Edge 13, T22, T23, 701C, 560Z, T60p, T43, 240Z,....

Majestic

Re: Acronis website.

#2 Post by Majestic » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 am

I just checked out their Shopping Cart web page and they are showing a section to fill in your name and address along with the type of payment. Of course that web page is for new customers. If you logging in as an existing customer, the request info maybe seen differently.

An alternative is to jut use PayPal at checkout. PayPal will pass along your shipping address as part of the transaction.
My Laptop Collection:
IdeaPad Z570, 8gb RAM & Win 7 Home Premium / Win 8.1 Pro
Toshiba A75-S206, 1.5gb RAM & Windows 7 Home Premium
ThinkPad T-22 (Formerly a T-20), 512mb RAM & Win XP Pro

bill bolton
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

#3 Post by bill bolton » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Davemci wrote:I finally decide I can live without it.
The activation for TI 2012 is quite different from previous versions, and frankly is a real pain. :(

I decided I can live with TI 2011, until they come to their senses!

Cheers,

Bill B.

Davemci
Sophomore Member

#4 Post by Davemci » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Yep, I guess my chat with them paid off. They added the address line since yesterday.

On another gripe and this is an old one. How can Paypal/eBay hold up payment of an item I sold for 3 weeks. Argh! I just received an anniversary email from eBay for my 14th year of membership and have a 100% feedback rating. The buyer which is 2000 miles away received the computer 3 days after the end of the auction. I'm still waiting over 2 weeks for Paypal to release the money. I only buy using paypal funds from sales and I missed an auction for a T61P that I was lusting after because I didn't have the funds in paypal. So, the T61P didn't sell and they (paypal and eBay) missed their piece of the pie from the sale. So who are they hurting? I know I could have just bought the computer and paypal would have grabbed the money from my checking, but as stated, I only buy when I have the money in Paypal from a sale. Happy 14th eBay anniversary... I'm really reconsidering my membership in both eBay and Paypal since I do better on craigslist.
X220, 600X, Edge 13, T22, T23, 701C, 560Z, T60p, T43, 240Z,....

Return to “Off-Topic Stuff”