Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

*SOLVED* Tracking eBay international shipment w/UPAAA number

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Johan
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

*SOLVED* Tracking eBay international shipment w/UPAAA number

#1 Post by Johan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:35 am

*SOLVED!* Successfully tracking eBay international shipment with UPAAA tracking number

I am posting this here since other forum members (and/or people not being members, but finding this post via Google) may find the below information useful.

Recently I bought on eBay.com an item from USA. I am living in Denmark and the item was to be shipped via eBay's International Global Shipping Program. After placing my order I received a shipping notification e-mail from eBay. This mail included a tracking number of the form UPAAA (followed by 13 digits). The UPAAA tracking-number was a link that would take me to an eBay site; “Order details” showing the tracking history for the shipment. There I was able to see that the package was first sent from the seller (in New York) to the eBay international shipment center (I guess) in Erlanger, KY ("KY" = the state Kentucky, in USA). An USPS tracking number was also provided on the eBay “Order details” page so that the shipment could also be followed via the USPS site, although only while the package was still inside USA.

From Erlanger, KY, the package would be “Shipped from Shipping Center to International Destination” but without any information about what carrier would handle the international shipment and also without any usable tracking number. I noticed my shipment bouncing forth and back, being put on hold at a certain point, and later reporting: “Delivery Attempt - Incorrect address” etc.; all in all quite frustrating. The UPAAA tracking number was completely useless in this process; I had no idea about what company was actually shipping my item (DHL? UPS? FedEx? GLS? someone else?), and I also had no usable tracking number. Aaargh!! :x

Now to the good news! If logging into eBay, selecting the “My eBay” menu, then “Purchase history” the item will be shown there, with the UPAAA tracking number also shown (in bold blue print, on a light-blue background). Click on this bold-blue print UPAAA tracking number, and a very interesting window will open up, saying (in my case):
Global tracking #: UPAAAxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carrier: Multiple Carriers
This shipment has been transferred to ARVATO for delivery to the final destination # AWSPBExxxxxx&schluessel=xxxxxxxxx
Woo-hoo; the number starting with “AWSPBE” is a link… click on that! :D Now (in my case) I landed on the GLS tracking page where the full information was seen, incl. the waybill number, the delivery name and address, the contact e-mail and phone number of the recipient (= me) etc. In my case, I discovered errors in both the delivery address and the e-mail address… this information has obviously been incorrectly transferred from my eBay order to the shipping company. Since I now knew both the carrier (not DHL, not UPS, not FedEx, but GLS) and since I also now knew the GLS waybill number I could simply call GLS customer support and have things fixed.

I hope this information may be of use to other people since I guess I am not the only one being frustrated by seeing a shipment bouncing forth and back, just to finally read: “Delivery Attempt - Incorrect address”.

It would be a significant improvement if eBay had included (in their Shipping-notification e-mail) a link to the information found under the eBay --> My eBay --> Purchase History rather than only providing the practically useless UPAAA-information! There are tons of people out there sharing the same frustration as described above - only knowing the useless UPAAA (/UPAAB etc) number... Google and you'll easily see!

Tags: eBay International Global Shipping Program GSP shipment Global Postage Programme UPAA UPAAA UPAAB tracking track-and-trace GSP Tracking

Update Nov. 14: Today (= the day after the package was delivered!) I received from eBay customer-help the following e-mail:
Your order of eBay Item # xxxxx is currently on hold with our shipping partner. Unfortunately the address you provided in the order is unrecognized within our shipping system. We want to send the item to you, but we will need a physical address to provide to our shipping partner.
... but this is obviously outdated, incorrect information. In any case, eBay could no doubt save themselves from a lot of timeconsuming hassle by providing correct, usable tracking information in their shipping e-mail!

Johan

(if of interest, the below is the detailed tracking information retreived through the eBay shipping-notification mail, providing the cryptical UPAAA number. Notice the inconsistent eBay-information about the package being stored in and delivered from Kolding (many hundred kilometers from here!), while the GLS status correctly state that the packege was shipped to Copenhagen (= Taastrup), and delivered from there)

Code: Select all

Delivered: Nov-13-14, 04:00 AM, Kolding, Dänemark
Out for Delivery: Nov-12-14, 22:35 PM, Kolding, Dänemark
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-12-14, 07:22 AM, Kolding, Dänemark
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-12-14, 00:38 AM, Kolding, Dänemark
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-11-14, 05:28 AM, Kolding, Dänemark
Delivery Attempt-Delivery Attempt: Nov-10-14, 22:51 PM
In transit - Exception-Eingelagert aufgrund falscher Adresse: Nov-10-14, 22:51 PM, Taastrup, Dänemark
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-10-14, 21:07 PM, Taastrup, Dänemark
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-10-14, 15:14 PM, Kolding, Dänemark
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-07-14, 18:43 PM, Neuenstein, Deutschland
In Transit with Destination Carrier: Nov-07-14, 09:20 AM, Neuss, Deutschland
Shipped from Shipping Center to International Destination: Nov-04-14, 17:54 PM, Erlanger
Customs Documentation and Labeling: Nov-03-14, 19:20 PM, Erlanger
Delay - On Hold-Traveler Hold: Oct-31-14, 19:35 PM, Erlanger
Processing at Shipping Center: Oct-31-14, 16:21 PM, Erlanger
Arrived at US shipping Center: Oct-29-14, 23:55 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41018
In Transit-Arrived at Post Office: Oct-29-14, 22:38 PM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
In Transit-Departed USPS Facility: Oct-29-14, 02:26 AM, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
In Transit-Departed USPS Origin Facility: Oct-28-14, 23:13 PM, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
In Transit-Arrived at USPS Origin Facility: Oct-28-14, 23:12 PM, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
In Transit-Departed Post Office: Oct-28-14, 15:32 PM, BROOKLYN, NY 11226
In Transit-Picked up by Request: Oct-28-14, 15:15 PM, BROOKLYN, NY 11226
When I finally found out about the GLS tracking number, I was able to see the following (correct, in contrast to the above partly erroneous!) status:

13/11/2014	11:00	Delivered Denmark Taastrup
13/11/2014	05:35	Out for delivery on GLS vehicle Denmark Taastrup
12/11/2014	14:22	Inbound to GLS location	Denmark Taastrup
12/11/2014	12:05	Forwarded New delivery date scheduled Denmark Taastrup
12/11/2014	07:38	Stored Denmark Taastrup
11/11/2014	12:28	Stored Denmark Taastrup
11/11/2014	05:51	Stored due to a wrong address Denmark Taastrup
11/11/2014	04:07	Inbound to GLS location Denmark Taastrup
10/11/2014	22:14	Outbound from GLS location Denmark Kolding
10/11/2014	22:14	Inbound to GLS location	 Denmark Kolding
08/11/2014	01:43	Outbound from GLS location Germany Neuenstein
08/11/2014	01:43	Inbound to GLS location	 Germany Neuenstein
07/11/2014	16:20	Inbound to GLS location Germany Neuss
03/11/2014	20:34	Information transmitted, no shipment available now Germany Neuss
IBM T42p's (2373-Q1U & -Q2U): 2.1 GHz, 15" UXGA FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 128 MB FireGL T2, 128 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 Ultimate
IBM T42 (2373-N1G): 1.8 GHz, 15" SXGA+ FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 64 MB Radeon 9600, 64 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 Ultimate

Boy2006
Freshman Member

Re: *SOLVED* Tracking eBay international shipment w/UPAAA number

#2 Post by Boy2006 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:40 pm

The same problem: My parcel from USA has a AWSPBE "Number".
GLS -> nothing

Any idea where I can search for?

Johan
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

#3 Post by Johan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 am

Boy2006 wrote:The same problem: My parcel from USA has a AWSPBE "Number".
GLS -> nothing

Any idea where I can search for?
Thanks for your reply... the first response ever to this thread, which (at the present time) has been read approx. 62.000 times, but yet so far with no other feedback at all... :!:

I posted my experience about the (very problematic!) eBay Track-and-Trace almost a year ago, and I have had no other shipments from eBay since then. Because of this I haven't been able to verify if eBay are still using the same somewhat "concealed" way of providing the Track-and-Trace information; sorry.

What I however suggest is that you carefully (= slowly and thoroughly!) read my post agin, and try to follow exactly the same steps as I did. If there's no usable information in your case, then I guess that eBay must have changed the way they provide Trace-and-Trace information.

Anyhow, just because GLS was the carrier in the final part of my package's journey, it does of course not at all mean that GLS at all is involved in your shipment; but again - read my post carefully, and try follow the steps I did - maybe it still works as it did then; maybe not.

October 14, 2015: I would very much appreciate if someone else - who is also reading this thread - would be kind to say if the Track-and-Trace information from eBay can still be uncovered the way I describe? It is very simple to post your experience here; all you have to do is to create an user-account (via this link- it only take 10 seconds!), and then post... it's extremely simple. If eBay have changed their way of providing (or hiding!) Track-and-Trace information, then there's no point in that I leave this post unchanged - it will only mean that a lot of people are wasting their time by reading this outdated information. Therefore, folks, please report back by posting here, whether this information is still useful or whether I should perhsps delete this thread?

Thank you in advance! :bow:

Johan
IBM T42p's (2373-Q1U & -Q2U): 2.1 GHz, 15" UXGA FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 128 MB FireGL T2, 128 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 Ultimate
IBM T42 (2373-N1G): 1.8 GHz, 15" SXGA+ FlexView, 2 GB RAM, 64 MB Radeon 9600, 64 GB 1.8" SATA SSD, IBM a/b/g, BT, Win 7 Ultimate

Boy2006
Freshman Member

#4 Post by Boy2006 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:22 am

mason-hamlin

#5 Post by mason-hamlin » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:32 am

Thank you for your invaluable inform ation about the GSP Tracking.

I found this topic through a Google search for "GSP Tracking". Although I was initially sceptical that it would be a waste of my time following such an unlikely-looking link rather than the usual eBay forums, I was most pleased to find that the exact opposite was true and I had in fact struck a seam of gold.

Tha background is that, in much the same way as Johan, I had purchased an item in the United States from a Seller who offered international shipment through the Global Shipping Program. To me as a Buyer, the attraction of GSP was purely financial, since the combined cost of the local shipping within the US, the GSP international shipping and the UK Import Taxes was a fraction of what it would have been if it were arranged in the traditional manner.

This financial advantage was essential to me, since it would have been totally uneconomic for me to incur the costs of international shipment and 20% VAT on arrival in the United Kingdom. Never previously having had any dealings with international shipment in general and the GSP in particular, I conducted extensive research into its operation.

Since I did not find any proper guidance there as to how to shipment's progress should be monitored, I was surprised and delighted to find Johan's guidance on this Forum.

Although the item is still in transit, its progress is easily monitored via the link Johan provided.

As an aside, I paid special attention to the procedures for the unfortunate situation where the item arrives damaged. The eBay Help Screens appeared to suggest that, in such an event, GSP would reimburse the full cost including the local and international shipping, as well as the Customs Duties and VAT etc., without back-charging this to the Seller. From an unrelated post on this Forum, I learned that the Buyer did not have to return the item, which is just as well with the cost of shipping between the UK and the US.

I will update this Thread appropriately when I receive the item, probably in about three or weeks' time..

rene13

#6 Post by rene13 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:37 am

Hi,

I had the same problem - bought on eBay an item from USA. As I live in Slovenia, the item was shipped via Global shipping program. I received the global tracking number UPAAA*** ... and I got the last report 'Delivery Attempt - Incorrect address'. I knew the item is in Slovenia, but had no idea about the shipping compay and had no usefull tracking number.

In 'My eBay' I got the AWSPBE*** number and click on that, but I could not login (or register) on the page ... https://www.artis-web.de/cgi-bin/WebObj ... kstuecknr= ... but I didn't give up :)

Than I went to the ARVATO company page and simply ask the question about my item and AWSPBE*** number ... https://www.arvato.com/en/about/contact.html ... and about in an hour they sent me GLS tracking number. Then everything was easy :) ... I called local GLS company and we found out that the address was incomplete (no street name, no number) ...

So, don't hesitate, ask ARVATO and they will give the information about the shipping company and right tracking number.

Good luck!

Rene

Boy2006
Freshman Member

#7 Post by Boy2006 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:02 am

In my case it was GLS to.

rsmtodd

#8 Post by rsmtodd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 am

I am a seller using the GSP Shipping Centre for international delivery. This is my second time to use it. I am sending a parcel to a German customer, and again I have been given the frustrating UPAAB no. When I click on the link in my ebay the pop-up information page simply states 'Next tracking in formation will be available in 48 hours' and it hasn't been 'tracked' yet on this system since posting it at the end of last week with Royal Mail. My buyer still hasn't received their parcel and I've no way of knowing how long it will take, which as a seller is very frustrating as I cannot tell the buyer.

My question: Who is ARVATO and how do they help get the proper tracking details rene13?
Than I went to the ARVATO company page and simply ask the question about my item and AWSPBE*** number ... https://www.arvato.com/en/about/contact.html ... and about in an hour they sent me GLS tracking number. Then everything was easy :) ... I called local GLS company and we found out that the address was incomplete (no street name, no number) .

rsmtodd

#9 Post by rsmtodd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:09 am

OK rene13 I followed the link you provided, not really knowing how they will be able to help. I've given them 2x global tracking numbers and a domestic one, so hopefully someone there can enlighten me.

This link has been really helpful, as I have read those on ebay about this system. I will probably opt out of it and if international buyers really want something I'm selling I can give them a quote with various couriers and let the buyer choose which system to use.

Boy2006
Freshman Member

#10 Post by Boy2006 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:59 am

Who is ARVATO and how do they help get the proper tracking details rene13?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvato_services
an big german company.

rsmtodd

#11 Post by rsmtodd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:35 am

OK... the saga continues.....

I contacted my buyer in Germany to tell her of the waiting game but she replied to tell me 'apparently it has arrived in Germany so should be in Berlin tomorrow' followed by 'been sent the tracking details'. BUT I HADN'T ANY OF THIS INFORMATION!!! WHY NOT?

So I contacted eBay and chatted to their customer service person K****a. It seems that the buyer has the same information through her 'My eBay' link as mentioned before, as I have - ie nothing! But somehow she has received more information that assures her it's on it's way to her. BUT WHY HAVE I NOT RECEIVED THE SAME INFORMATION??

K***a informed me that the delivery progress would be updated between 6th and 11th November! A 5 day window! Not a great service at all.

From a seller's point of view I am not providing my customers a great service if I cannot tell them where their item is. Furthermore, it is embarrassing that my customer has more information than I have!!

Anyway K***a has sent GSP my query and concern marked as high priority and they should get back to me in 72 hours via email.

I'll updat later when they contact me.

Boy2006
Freshman Member

#12 Post by Boy2006 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:47 am

... but its normal to have a windows of some days. It could come today or tomorrow or the deliver to the next post office... :wink:

rsmtodd

#13 Post by rsmtodd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:33 am

... but its normal to have a windows of some days. It could come today or tomorrow or the deliver to the next post office.
To wait up to 5 days for the delivery status to be updated is extremely slow especially in the age of couriers using scanners at each state of the process. It should be much faster than that. Even daily.

I get immediate emails from Amazon when parcels have been scanned by the courier when delivered. That's excellent service. 5 days is despicable.

woodsia09

#14 Post by woodsia09 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I endured 2-3 grueling minutes of forum registration just to express my gratitude for your extremely helpful post.

Your hint worked beautifully for me, so now I know that Canada Post has my parcel, so I don't have to stay at home wondering if I'm going to miss the courier delivery at my door.

I have no idea why ebay can't make that information more readily available, but I appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Damwinniez

#15 Post by Damwinniez » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi,

When I go to my purchase history I do not get the AWS number. It says the package has arrived in Erlanger but still states In Transit. It hasn't changed since Nov 18th.

Global tracking #:UPAAA000000140505971
Carrier:Multiple Carriers

Arrived at Global Shipping Center: Nov-18-15, 07:20 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41025
In Transit-Arrived at USPS Facility: Nov-17-15, 21:58 PM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
In Transit-Departed USPS Origin Facility: Nov-17-15, 00:47 AM, CHARLOTTE, NC 28214
In Transit-Arrived at USPS Origin Facility: Nov-17-15, 00:00 AM, CHARLOTTE, NC 28214
Can anyone please tell me if I should simply wait, if I'm doing something wrong, or if I should file a claim?

Thanks

jetsetpet

#16 Post by jetsetpet » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:59 am

Hi - just registered only to post and thank you for your incredibly helpful post. First time using eBay global shipping and was frustrated with the lack of shipping info - I prefer to know who the carrier is so I can track it myself. I followed your steps exactly and lo and behold it showed that FedEx was the carrier and I was taken to the FedEx website where all the information was! Really can't understand why eBay doesn't make that info easier to find - lucky I came across your site otherwise I would have never figured it out.

Thank you!

Johan
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

#17 Post by Johan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:34 pm

jetsetpet wrote:Hi - just registered only to post and thank you for your incredibly helpful post.
Thanks a lot, jetsetpet, for joining this (fantastic friendly!) forum just to share your appreciation; it is really, really kind of you to provide this feedback... I'm surely grateful!

Your post once again emphasize that eBay are still (for whatever entirely unknown, and obviously silly reason?) making it very hard for their international customers to track their shipments. So, since it appear that this thread is still useful - at least to someone! - I will let it remain unchanged "as-is". By the way, since I posted my eBay-tracking experience here (now some 16 months ago), this thread has been read more than 111.000 times... and yet eBay seem to have changed nothing? Weird...

Should eBay however at a later date change their practice, so that this thread becomes incorrect/obsolete/outdated, I hope that someone in such case will be kind to report this as well. There is by far enough incorrect information on the internet already... my contribution is not needed! 8)

Thanks for your feedback, jetsetpet, once again! :thumbs-UP:

Best regards,

Johan (Moderator @ forum.thinkpads.com)
Copenhagen, Denmark

Metradio

#18 Post by Metradio » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:31 pm

I live in the UK and have had a few bits from the USA using eBay's Global Shipping Programme, as far as I am concerned the sellers shipping responsibility ends when the parcel reaches Pitney Bowes facility in Erlanger, from then on it's in the hands of eBay.

Ebay seems to have improved the GSP notification process over the last year, I have a parcel coming from Los Angeles at the moment and have had an email at every major step in the journey, from USPS pick up in LA, arrival in Cincinnati, arrival Erlanger, shipped to UK, cleared by Customs.

For the first time user some of the names used are meaningless:
Cincinnati - Nearest USPS depot to:
Pitney Bowes - eBay's GSP facilitator whose plant is in:
Erlanger - Located next to Cincinnati airport.

To be honest the Global Shipping Program has it's faults, but without it I am sure quite a few sellers would not even dream of selling Internationaly.

Mike

Kingman

#19 Post by Kingman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:17 am

I think you just got lucky on that delivery Metradio. I ordered an item from the USA on the 16th which i received an email on the 18th informing me of dispatch with the UPAAA no.

On tracking this no. it seems my item arrived at the Global Shipping Center at Erlanger on 23rd and that is the last entry which is now 6 days ago. And there is no other no. AWSPBE or anything else lol

Global tracking #:  UPAAA0000001********
Courier: Multiple Carriers

Arrived at Global Shipping Center: Mar-23-16, 13:55 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41025
Out for delivery to Global Shipping Center: Mar-23-16, 04:15 AM, ELSMERE, KY
In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN: Mar-23-16, 02:37 AM, ELSMERE, KY
In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN: Mar-23-16, 00:52 AM, LOUISVILLE, KY
In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN: Mar-22-16, 19:24 PM, LOUISVILLE, KY
In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN: Mar-22-16, 19:12 PM, LOUISVILLE, KY
In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN: Mar-22-16, 07:58 AM, LOUISVILLE, KY
In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN: Mar-21-16, 22:41 PM, MEMPHIS, TN
In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN: Mar-21-16, 11:09 AM, MEMPHIS, TN
In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN: Mar-21-16, 03:10 AM, MESQUITE, TX
In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN: Mar-19-16, 00:59 AM, MESQUITE, TX
In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN: Mar-18-16, 21:00 PM, AUSTIN, TX
In Transit-ORIGIN SCAN: Mar-18-16, 17:52 PM, AUSTIN, TX

Note: Tracking information may be transmitted with a delay. Please check back later to view updated information. 
This item was posted using the Global Shipping Programme.
Apparently it should be arriving at any time between tomorrow or the 8th april. Upon contacting ebay chat i was given pitney bowes webpage with the american number i could ring to chase things up (if i want to add an international phone call to the cost of postage which meant i already paid nearly double the items asking price). They dont have a GSP customer service number on the uk site but think i will hassle them lol

Metradio

#20 Post by Metradio » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:52 am

Next notification you will get (with a delay) will be Documentation done at Erlanger, then Shipped International with another tracking number from WNDIRECT, also embedded in the notification will be the airline flight number. Then notification of cleared customs with another tracking number from 13TEN.

I know it looks long and convoluted but they have always managed to get my goods here before the stated 'BY' date.

Mike

Johnston

#21 Post by Johnston » Thu May 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Currently having the same trouble with GSP, non-transparent shipping information and the frustration that goes along with that I've come to the point where I will not only avoid further eBay transactions with GSP but to immediately stop all my activities on eBay and unsubscribe from their platform. I'm simply fed up with the fact that eBay does it's best to make transactions on their platform non-transparent, inconvenient and a hassle and scare their own customers and sellers away.

It's the first time I purchased something on eBay that is shipped via GSP and I wasn't aware of that kind of shipping because I had no idea of the existence of that dubious GSP system, never heard or read about it before. I call GSP and their collection of custom duties, taxes and charges by the company Pitney Bowes dubious because as far as I know the only authority to collect them are customs authorities in itself and only customs authorities, nobody else. Also, collecting the charges mentioned above before the arrival of the goods at the custom borders of the country of importation is dispensible as customs authorities are the only instance to decide whether custom duties, taxes and fees are to charge and if yes at which amount. I've done shopping outside of the European Union several times before, never had to pay custom duties or taxes before because of the fact that the volume of imports to Germany has reached a level where custom authorities are simply unable to cope with that volume and can only pick out peculiar foreign shipments at random for their examination, obviously my shipments were lucky enough to get passed through. So, I'd really like to know what makes companies like Pitney Bowes think they got the right and the demand for collecting money from international customers, first of all if it's not predictable if anything will be charged at the customs?

From my point of view there's no advantage in using GSP shipping for any customer worldwide but for the sellers who can outsource their (expensive!) store-keeping to a separate service provider, e.g. Pitney Bowes and for the service providers themselves who charge additional costs of shipping from the consumer and receiver of the shipments.

Not to mention that in my case I'm living in Germany and purchased an item from a seller located in the UK and that means a transaction within the European Single Market, from which no custom duties, taxes or additional expenses for fees arise. My only "advantage" is that I'm now charged by both, the eBay seller and Pitney Bowes for the costs of shipping at higher rates. Yet, four days after purchase all I got by the eBay seller is that stupid UPAA code that does not say anything clear about the carrier of the shipment, its current state or its arrival. I'm also afraid that the item I purchased essentially is not located in the UK as stated by the seller but shipped by Pitney Bowes from overseas, maybe China or somewhere else in Asia. I was able to find out via http://www.paketda.de that the UPAA-code that I was given obviously is a tracking code of the forwarder DHL Global Asia. The eBay seller asserts that the item is located in the UK and shipped from there, though and that what I purchased is genuine branded british goods. We'll see.

All in all GSP is not only frustrating, unsettling and dissatisfying for me and other eBay customers but obviously profitable for the other parties involved in doing such kind of highly questionable business. Capitalism does not get tired of finding new ways to suck money out of the people's pockets, today companies are even barefaced enough to sell its creative urges for new ways of rip-off as an advantage for us... :mrgreen:

Metradio

#22 Post by Metradio » Thu May 05, 2016 1:11 pm

Sorry to say this, but you should have investigated all this before hitting the BUY button....
By the way, if you don't mind sharing, who is the seller?

Mike

Alane

#23 Post by Alane » Sat May 14, 2016 9:01 am

@Johnston:
I've the same, and believe me your purchase was in the UK, so is mine.
The GSP from ebay is annoying, not much info and only thing you can do is waiting till more info appears in MY Ebay.

RKFX

#24 Post by RKFX » Mon May 16, 2016 2:26 am

WOW!

Talk about the run around!

I'm so glad I found this forum. I received email confirmation today (16/05/2016 AUS) stating that I had taken receivership of my package from the US on 06/05/2016, ten days prior. Imagine my frustration at actually NOT receiving my package, and discovering that it (my pkg) was signed for by me, which DID NOT happen.

The original article posted here was helpful in the sense that I was able to call FEDEX AUS, where I learned that once FEDEX pass the item to AUS POST, that FEDEX (or more importantly Global Shipping) deem the item 'received'.

So I'm now waiting for the FEDEX representative to call me back, after he actually (hopefully) finds my package.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Haha.

takrl

#25 Post by takrl » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:31 am

Johan wrote:October 14, 2015: I would very much appreciate if someone else - who is also reading this thread - would be kind to say if the Track-and-Trace information from eBay can still be uncovered the way I describe?
I can confirm that this still works, as I'm in Germany and I yesterday received a parcel from California shipped via Pitney Bowes. However, the link for the final delivery in that location only appeared around 12 hours after the parcel was already delivered.

What worked better for me was the following; go here: http://tracking.ecommerce.pb.com/track

And enter the UPAA number you see in "My eBay" for the item bought. The results you get will predate those shown within the My eBay tracking thing by between 12 to 24 hours, and you also get the tracking link for delivery with the final carrier.

Cheers,
Michael

chx1975
Freshman Member

#26 Post by chx1975 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:00 pm

This time, it seems there's no way to track the international part: http://i.imgur.com/wsZW12H.png

takrl

#27 Post by takrl » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:36 am

chx1975 wrote:This time, it seems there's no way to track the international part: http://i.imgur.com/wsZW12H.png
There was no tracking number for me on that part either. When it arrives in your country, you'll probably get another entry containing a tracking link for your local carrier.

chx1975
Freshman Member

#28 Post by chx1975 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:28 am

Alas, no:
Monday, Jun 20, 2016 3:01 PM MISSISSAUGA , ON In Transit with Destination Carrier
Monday, Jun 20, 2016 2:22 PM MISSISSAUGA , ON Customs Cleared

jan

#29 Post by jan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:03 am

Hello !

Your procedure still works. The package was delivered to Slovenia successfully.

Gina208

#30 Post by Gina208 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 am

@Takri

A really useful link - thanks so much!