Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Quoting

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Severian

Quoting

#1 Post by Severian » Wed May 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Howdy,

I am new to this board. I replied to a couple of posts earlier today. When I look at the post on the main forum, the quoting does not look right. I actually says [quote]... instead of putting the quote in a block. What trick do I need to do to a quote to have it display properly?
Thanks,

hausman

Re: Quoting

#2 Post by hausman » Wed May 19, 2004 4:00 pm

Severian wrote:What trick do I need to do to a quote to have it display properly?
When you Reply look below the text entry box for a list of options. Make sure that "Disable BBCode in this post" is not checked.

Also, go into your Profile page (link at the top of each page), look for the section "Preferences" at the bottom, and make sure "Always allow BBCode" is Yes.
Dorian Hausman
SL500 (2746-CTO) • X61s (7666-34U) • T60p (2007-93U) • A21p (2629-HWU) • eXThinkpad (5160-087)

G-Man
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#3 Post by G-Man » Wed May 19, 2004 4:00 pm

It will put the quote into a block after you submitted. Or you can click on preview and you will see that the quote is actually in a block.

Regards,
G-Man

Severian

#4 Post by Severian » Fri May 21, 2004 6:00 pm

hausman wrote:When you Reply look below the text entry box for a list of options. Make sure that "Disable BBCode in this post" is not checked.
Well, thanks. That was it. I had naturally turned off that feature. I did not know what it was, so I did what I considered the prudent thing and left it off.

Return to “Off-Topic Stuff”