thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
www.thinkpads.com is now hosting legacy model ThinkPad driver and driver updates..
A link is provided in the MENUBAR just above for registered forum members only..

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 pm 

So, from what I can gather and after a good deal of research, I suppose that the general consensus from Lenovo is that we are going to have to learn to ignore it unless we want to disable the CPU's power manager. I assume that most of us are in agreement that the long term stresses caused by the elevated temps resulting from the disabling of the power management is enough justification to just live with it?? Am I right about this???? Does anyone have any other info on it?

T-420; Intel "Sandy Bridge" Core i7 2620m; 16 GB DDR3 1333 2x8 (Micron/Crucial); 256 GB M4 (Micron/Crucial); 1 GB NVIDIA Optimus Graphics (1600x900), Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit (VMWare XP SP3, VMWare Ubuntu -- [malware lab])

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 pm 

Could you guys please bump this?

T-420; Intel "Sandy Bridge" Core i7 2620m; 16 GB DDR3 1333 2x8 (Micron/Crucial); 256 GB M4 (Micron/Crucial); 1 GB NVIDIA Optimus Graphics (1600x900), Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit (VMWare XP SP3, VMWare Ubuntu -- [malware lab])

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm 

I replaced the hardrive on my E320 with a ssd and the annoying high pitched noise had gone for me.