Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

E530 touchpad

Edge / E-Series
DaKKS

E530 touchpad

#1 Post by DaKKS » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Its a known issue, i know. But my touchpad has always been loose, but its gotten worse and worse and its now at a point where the touchpad is basically unusable.

Anyone know if there is another thinkpad with a better quality touchpad i can fit into this bloody thing?

Or i could just use the trackpoint, but i reckon i'd get a brain aneurism from the irritaion in under a week.

brchan
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: E530 touchpad

#2 Post by brchan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:17 pm

I would recommend trying out the trackpoint for a week. It is a little cumbersome to use at first, but it gets much easier and you will find it more productive to use. Here is the way I use it that makes it comfortable:

-use the index finger for the trackpoint cap
-rest the palm on the palmrest in such a way that has the index finger align with the trackpoint and the thumb with the right corner of the trackpoint left mouse button.
-focus more on pushing the trackpoint cap in the direction that you want the cursor to move, not down into the keyboard.
-alternatively, you can also rest the left hand on the palmrest with the left thumb on the left trackpoint button, and the the right thumb on the middle scroll button.
Current Thinkpads: W530 (functional classic keyboard mod), X301, T61, T60, T43, A31p, T23, 600X, 770
Other: mk5 Toughbook cf-19, mk1 Toughbook cf-53