Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

seriously, listed as "non-thinkpad"???

Edge / E-Series
ducky2802

seriously, listed as "non-thinkpad"???

#1 Post by ducky2802 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:39 am

If anything, the x100e should be in this category!

Anyways, just picked up my edge, 13" matte black AMD. It was all about the price with picking this machine, as I couldnt justify ~$800 for the intel model. It is a solid lil machine, lots of plastic, but some good amount of reinforcement. Keyboard "throw" is about a mm or so more than Im used to with my x61 tablets, and spacing is a bit more than the smaller laptop, but the lack of thinklight is what I got used to unfortunately. Battery life with 6cell is around 4hrs (same as my x61 with 8 cell), around the same brightness (max on the new LED is brighter than max on the ccfl).

Overall, Id say if this machine was $400-500, it be a great bargain with solid specs for the dollar. At $600, its okay, nothing exceptional. At $800+, Id rather pick up a t400s, new/used. But for an everyday, I dont feel bad about chucking it around, its an decent machine with solid construction and of all the thinkpads ive owned, this is my FIRST with ZERO DEAD/STUCK pixels.

Mark@Lenovo
ThinkPad Partner
ThinkPad Partner

Re: seriously, listed as "non-thinkpad"???

#2 Post by Mark@Lenovo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

ducky2802,

Interesting that TPF categorizes this as a non-ThinkPad but accepts the SL series. I wonder if this in defference to the non-traditional colors, keyboard, or other design elements?

Mark

dsvochak
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Re: seriously, listed as "non-thinkpad"???

#3 Post by dsvochak » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

I used to be an anarchist but I quit because there were too many rules