thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
IBM & lenovo legacy model ThinkPad support files are available on thinkpads.com.
including Hardware Maintenance Manuals, latest or final driver updates and more.
at: thinkpads.com

If you so wish:
Donate using PayPal

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am 

Hi
How are you My friends ?
I have a problem with my thinkvantage , it say I never get backup and it is true , but i can not fix it :( because i can not get backup from my hard disk :(
I do my job step by step but in the backup process nothing happen :(
I mean every thing going right untill the exactly geting backup and it stop and do any work in 0 %
and my system crash ( of course something like crash I mean my mouse work but any click , do nothing and alt+ctrl+del dosen't work and I just can fix it by holding the power key) :(

there is here some information about my system :
1. Win 7 ultimate 64bit
2. I have thinkpad edge 14"
3. core i 3 370m
4. 4G ram
5. rescue and recover 4.31
6. 500G hard
7. My system is new and I want to get backup just becuase of my driver and Operation system

And there is pics of my system and works i do :)

then after i press the OK it goes to start but it wait on 0 % and do nothing and system crash :(

Please Help me to solve this problem
Thanks every body

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:54 pm 

Try posting this in the: "Thinkpad - General HARDWARE/SOFTWARE questions" forum. Also try posting the windows with better image quality as some are hard to read.

I've used R&R on a couple of T43's running XP for four years without a hitch. The only issue I have with it is when starting the backup manually it can sit at 0% for a long time (gathering data) before it starts the actual backup. However, this doesn't stop me from doing other tasks as in your case but it may be worth a try to just let it do it's thing for a while.

Another thing you may wish to try is to start the Windows Task Manager (if that is what it's called in W7) before starting a backup. Then when the backup starts you can see what's happening.