Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Another review from an anonymous new thinkpad tablet owner

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
BillMorrow
*Senior* Admin
*Senior* Admin

Another review from an anonymous new thinkpad tablet owner

#1 Post by BillMorrow » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:52 am

Reprinted here with permission:
anonymous new thinkpad tablet owner wrote:his review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad 183827U 10.1" 64GB Android Tablet (Electronics)
After doing considerable consumer homework I chose the Lenovo ThinkPad 1838. It's touchscreen-operated, is the size & weight of an iPad, but exceeds the iPad in functionality, making it a full alternative to a laptop (esp. if choosing the 64GB model as I chose). A big enticement for me was that this is the first ThinkPad model (android op system) that is compatible with Kindle AND Netflix. iPad has a few more bells & whistles with the touch features, and responds faster (I found youtube comparison/demonstrations), but the design of this device is competitively sleek/appealing to my taste. iPad offers the instant sharing of music, etc, among Apple devices---but I have a functioning PC at home so wouldn't benefit anyway, and the android and PC are able to interact. I am very happy with the choice and value in that I'm now using it in lieu of having 3 devices I might have separately acquired (for much greater monetary outlay): a kindle, an iPad, and an alternative/backup home computer/laptop. If there's an equivalent device in price, size/wt, and options currently on the market, I am unaware of it. I've owned it for just one week, but have fairly heavily used/tested it out.
Bill Morrow, kept by parrots :parrot: & cockatoos
Sysop - forum.thinkpads.com

She was not what you would call refined,
She was not what you would call unrefined,
She was the type of person who kept a parrot.
~~~Mark Twain~~~