Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Lenovo trackpad stopped working

W530/W540/W541/W550 Series
rainadaman

Lenovo trackpad stopped working

#1 Post by rainadaman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:15 pm

So my lenovo W530 was getting very hot and after doing some online researching I decided to clean fan, I think I did all steps correct in dissembling, cleaning and assembling, however trackpad stopped working, everything else is working. I checked trackpad connection multiple times but not sure where and what to fix. Anyone faced similar issue? or any suggestion I should try.

i2000s
Freshman Member

Re: Lenovo trackpad stopped working

#2 Post by i2000s » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:39 pm

My first feeling is this may be related to your connection, but there may also be a problem with the trackpad itself (damaged?). Either way, let's eliminate the possibility of software problems. Could you check if the trackpad is listed in your device management? In the Device Management interface of Windows, you should find "Synaptics Pointing Device" under the Mice and Other Pointing Devices category. If there is one, right click on it and open the Property card to update the driver and restart your computer. If all these steps cannot fix your problem, there most likely be a hardware issue to my knowledge...
X31 (since 2003), X61T (2007), X200T (2009), ThinkPad Tablet 2 (2013), P50 (2016).
Considering more Thinkpads. Retiring my X200T. PM me if anyone wants to home it.