thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:02 pm 
Freshman Member

I have a T43 that I keep as a backup laptop for testing. Upgraded the various ThinkVantage tools on it, and now find that I can't seem to get Wifi to work - the Access Connections troubleshooter always reports "DHCP server not responding".

This doesn't seem to afflict ethernet, only wifi. (Intel 2915ABG card) Tried adding manual exceptions in Windows Firewall for DHCP/bootp, didn't help.

Uninstalled ACC and Wifi was able to connect fine using the native Microsoft tools. Re-installed ACC, same problem again.

But I really want ACC on here because I switch networks constantly. Has anyone else seen this issue?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:45 am 
Freshman Member

OK, got this working, turns out it was a driver issue.

I thought I had the latest driver installed for that Intel 2915ABG card, but I had forgotten to copy the newest one when I updated everything.

The one I had problems was Lenovo filename: 7KWC50WW (v11.05.0, Intel driver version 9.0.1.xx) The one that fixed the problem was Lenovo filename: 6HWC05WW (v12.04.0000, Intel driver version 9.0.4.39)