Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

XY Tech and CNMod Still Active?

Old(er) Thinkpads with New(er) Intestines: X62/T50/T70/X210/X330 etc.
filipinogamer21

XY Tech and CNMod Still Active?

#1 Post by filipinogamer21 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:09 pm

I have only recently gotten into thinkpads and also recently obtained an X210 secondhand. The 51nb modded thinkpads are absolutely fascinating to me, but I'm wondering when is the next project coming out?

I've been checking the socials/websites of Xue Yao and Jacky for the past month, but there hasn't been an update in over a year from them. I even emailed the two of them a couple of weeks ago, but no response. Are they still active? Anybody hear from them recently?
X210, X61

filipinogamer21

Re: XY Tech and CNMod Still Active?

#2 Post by filipinogamer21 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:41 pm

Little update: Finally got an email response from Jacky. He said he still had an X2100 with an i7-10710u, 64 GB of RAM, and 4 TB of SSD storage for $1999 USD. So he's still alive I guess haha. Still waiting on a response from Xue Yao
X210, X61

avah

#3 Post by avah » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:46 pm

Interesting! I have been emailing jacky once every couple days because I ordered a T700 from him and havent had any response for the last couple of weeks. As far as I know the laptop hasnt shipped and I am out a ton of money.

Hoping we both get our orders soon.

exander

#4 Post by exander » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:25 pm

Xue Yao (aka xyte.ch) ghosted me after selling me X2100 motherboard that worked a few days. It is more than a year.

jamesfawcett
Freshman Member

#5 Post by jamesfawcett » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:21 pm

Jacky always responds on WeChat quite quickly, I've had a few machines and parts from him now. Jacky has always been great to me. He's also posted on Facebook in the last week, so you might be looking at an old account, he posted photos of the machine you may be considering: https://www.facebook.com/cnmodchina

Avoid Xue/XY Tech. I was messed around by Xue for a long time and I had to claim a refund, lots of excuses. Poor service.

bcn

#6 Post by bcn » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:52 pm

avah wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:46 pm
Interesting! I have been emailing jacky once every couple days because I ordered a T700 from him and havent had any response for the last couple of weeks. As far as I know the laptop hasnt shipped and I am out a ton of money.

Hoping we both get our orders soon.
Same. Bought an x63 (i5) in Dec 2022, said would ship in a week or two. Followed up feb or march, responded that it would be shipped out, waited till last week to not be rude, and nothing. Thankfully a fellow member here had one to sell. Maybe he just doesn't check e-mails or someone can confirm they've recieved a machine in the last year? I don't want to discredit him as my previous x62 and x210 came from him and it was nothing but positive.

Frost

#7 Post by Frost » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:55 pm

Does anyone else do this kind of modding? With coreboot + intel me disabled and gen 10 intel + boot guard disabled of course.

exander

#8 Post by exander » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 am

I am still waiting for Xyte.ch to respond to my Telegram or WeChat messages. He ghosted me, when my X2100 MB stopped working within a week after purchase. It was linearly used for hours.