Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Slow resume after hibernate on Gnome

Linux on ThinkPads
dynaflux

Slow resume after hibernate on Gnome

#1 Post by dynaflux » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:00 am

I have a X240 and decided to try Zorin OS (I've been running Linux Mint for ten years or so) but I have a problem I haven't been able to find any solution for. When closing the lid the computer goes in to hibernation, when I open the lid there's the login screen as normal except from a missing password prompt, I can move the mouse marker but otherwise it's totally unresponsive. However the password field appears after approximatelly 30 seconds, I login and everything works as before.
I found out many hibernation problems can be related to a small swap file (not partition, Ubuntu uses swap file instead of partition since 20.04) so I increased it to a little more than the double RAM size. No improvement.

I tried different distros and found that the problem occurs only with Gnome. Zorin Lite (with Xfce) works flawlessly.

I'm not sure but one culprit might be the Ericsson N5321 WWAN card. Yes, I know I can open up the the computer and disconnect it....

Any ideas?
Thinkpad addict since 1998.