Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

x40 and video capture card

X20/X21, X30/X31, X40/X41 Series
whickman

x40 and video capture card

#1 Post by whickman » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:08 pm

Does the x40 have a video capture card? If not, what will I need to do a video capture off a VCR using, say, a Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150?

devilsrejection
Sophomore Member

#2 Post by devilsrejection » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:31 am

no, you should try finding a usb 2.0 one

whickman

#3 Post by whickman » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:31 pm

I'm the original poster. Do you mean I need to find a 2.0 USB to plug into the x40?

The basic problem is that Pinnacle Studio Quickstart 8, which came with the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150, isn't showing the DVC 150 as an option for a video capture, only a DV Camcorder.

Also, the Dazzle support site says that the BIOS should have settings enabled for USB Keyboard Support and USB Legacy Support. I can't find these settings in the x40 BIOS.

Finally, when I check the Device Manager under My Computer -> System Properties -> Hardware, I see two Sound, video and game controllers for Pinnacle Systems Studio AV/DV E4 and Pinnicle Systems Studio AV/DV Overlay, both of which were installed with Pinnacle Studio Quickstart 8. Both of these have the same device status message:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

So what should I do to get the Pinnacle Studio 8 to recognize the DVC 150 for a video capture?