Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

IBM Netvista 6269 RAG with new shades

IBM or Lenovo Desktops, Workstations, ThinkStations, etc. Recent vintage, hardware/software..
rs6vlsi

IBM Netvista 6269 RAG with new shades

#1 Post by rs6vlsi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Respected Thinkpad community :D

The reason to register here - among other things - is to ask you about my IBM Netvista 6269 RAG machine. 2 machines to be exact. The silent and most of all reliable nature of this machines, simply forces me to invent some reasons to keep them around me. At the moment I have original : 866 MHz Coppermine CPU versions.

What I would like to know for a fact from you, or anyone knowledgeable about this models; Could you please tell me, what would be the very top of CPU upgrade I could upgrade in this machines?

Do I dare too much when aspire to team Tualatin 1.4G with this motherboard? IBM 6269RAG motherboard to be exact? Will this CPU work on this motherboard? If not, please tell me the exact PIII that would be the best upgrade in terms of power and one I could use without issues on this motherboard.

Much obliged for your kind suggestions.
Mario Von Heino

jdhurst
Admin
Admin

Re: IBM Netvista 6269 RAG with new shades

#2 Post by jdhurst » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:29 pm

I put a PowerLeap Tulatin upgrade into my 6892-N4U PIII machine. It did work. I had to upgrade the BIOS and change a setting to make it work, so it did require technical support from PowerLeap to get it to run. There was an interposer to make it fit if I recall correctly. It was a long time ago, so it is all very foggy.
... JDH

rs6vlsi

#3 Post by rs6vlsi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks for your input Jdhurst,

Also thanks for reminding me about something I've missed to mention :

It is one thing to locate "latest" update for most of the motherboards, even for very old ones. But where on earth do you look for something precise and quirky as Netvista's Mobo BIOS? Even IBM's flash program strikes me enough enigma, save alone available and designated helpful version for this particular CPU :eek:

jdhurst
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by jdhurst » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 am

To see if you can still find support files for this machine, go to the Lenovo web site, click on the support tab at the top, enter your full model (6269-RAG) into the appropriate place and look through the results.
... JDH

rs6vlsi

#5 Post by rs6vlsi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Well done Jdhurst,

I was told that IBM never gave his NetVista line to Lenovo. So I haven't even bother to look there.
Thanks for your note! Lenovo has it all !

regards