thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:27 pm 

I was discussing the Thinkpad Edge line with a friend today and was saying that I couldn't pick between the size of the 13" and the power of the 14". They told me to just wait one more week, because the Thinkpad Edge 13" was getting a processor/graphics refresh. According to them, they said they found an article online detailing this. Apparently the Edge13 was going to get the iCore 3 processor and the Intel Integrated HD graphics (not the 4500).

I haven't been able to find this article, but I figured you guys would know. After checking the website I realized that the difference in specs between the 13" and the 14" is a LOT bigger than I thought. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the 13" is more like a glorified netbook than a proper laptop like the 14" & 15" versions.

If my friend was wrong and it's not getting updated soon, then when are they likely to get around to it? The difference in performance is ridiculous as is, yeah? I want a laptop that can deal with about 5 open PDFs, 2 Excel sheets, 2 Word Docs, and various tabs in Firefox open at once for work, and when it's time for play I want it to play WoW and SC2. Looks like the 13" isn't up to par and the others may be.

Cheers,
CT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:47 am 

I was wondering the exact same thing. If the 13 inch Edge would have an i3 (or even better, an i5), I would go for it immediately. Keeping this topic bookmarked :wink: !