Hello, so the FW upgrade finished successfully, no 2010 error now
I applied method #1 from japanesse web, it worked:
copy MB4IA60A.bdr MBZOA60A.bdr
copy MB4IA60A.bdr MBZIA60A.bdr
hfui14 OA60A-pm MBZIA60A.bdr / f mpbA60Ab.tbl
hfui14 IA60A-pm MBZIA60A.bdr / f mpbA60Ab.tbl
HDD itself (HTS541010G9AT00) is reported for my system as HTS541080G9AT00, but shows full 100 GB capacity and error 2010 gone. Thanks Harryc for your effort!
Here are my exact steps for FW upgrade of HTS541010G9AT00:
1) obtain FreeDOS boot CD ISO image and burn it to CD (http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0/fdbasews.iso
2) prepare second CD, with two folders named method1 and method2, i.e. D:\method1 and D:\method2 (or integrate them into FreeDOS's ISO if you have enough knowhow)
3) method1 folder contains already renamed files as japanesse web describes, same apply for method2 folder and this burn CD
4) boot FreeDOS CD, choose something like "Do not install, just boot FreeDOS from CD"
5) eject FreeDOS CD and insert another one with method* folders and files described at the start of this post
6) navigate to method1 folder on second CD and simply run code described on japanesse web:
hfui14 OA60A -pm MBZIA60A.bdr /f mpbA60Ab.tbl
This process will fail, error described unknown HDD type. Now execute this command (we are still in the method1 folder!)
hfui14 IA60A -pm MBZIA60A.bdr /f mpbA60Ab.tbl
Firmware update utility will now show 'PASS' info, after ThinkPad restarts the 2010 error disappears.
7) Apply commands from method2 folder, if method #1 fails. After update, your HTS541010G9AT00 drive will be renamed to HTS541080G9AT00, but system will report total space of drive in amount of 100 GB (93.1 GB formatted capacity) and firmware version after update should be:
as is in my case.
You can run Lenovo's official ISO with HDD firmware update utilities and try if it will offer FW upgrade now (I guess that yes)