Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Fatal Error

Windows 7 on ThinkPads
kduniverse
Sophomore Member

Fatal Error

#1 Post by kduniverse » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Hello,

Not sure if this is the correct section, but I think so. I'm encountering a fatal error MSI.dot4wrp40 upon installation of HP software for my printer. I've always had nothing but issues with this software and it's been installed and uninstalled probably 60+ times over the last 3 years. Anyway, the last time there was an issue, I uninstalled and even went as far as to use Microsoft Install Clean Up utility afterwards to get everything I could out in order to do a clean install of this software. I guess I deleted something necessary to installing the software because now I'm getting this error and I'm unable to install. Any ideas on what I can do or try? Any help is appreciated. My laptop is a T400 Win7 x64. The furthest I've gotten was trying the install in safe mode. I get to a screen that says the service is stopped and needs to start, but it won't start and gives another error. Am I that far gone where I should do a fresh install?

ausmike

Re: Fatal Error

#2 Post by ausmike » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:09 am

hi there

Am SURE you have searched high & low for this issue ......but seems so crazzy solution is so simple one...

reboot and login with ADMIN rights (loged-in user must have admin rights) ...and ....SHUT DOWN all your Anti-Virus Apps ; and it should work !

Worked for me after intial wreckin my pee brain!- home use -new HP 7520 machine - super nice!

Cheers
Work: None - Retired ! Yipee!! ~~Older/Hm use:Asus Zenbook i7FHD~~ w701ds CTO;W520cto;T61P-IPSmodels; T43P,...&700Tstill going strong!! DEC Alpha Series OS: Win7x64; OSX; SuSe Linux; RedHat~~

kduniverse
Sophomore Member

#3 Post by kduniverse » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:29 am

Of course I tried that, since it was easily found on Google....but it didn't work.

Thanks though

kduniverse
Sophomore Member

#4 Post by kduniverse » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:49 am

Fresh install it was. fml. Thanks everyone for the help..