thinkpads.com Support Community Forum Index Bill Morrow's thinkpads.com Open Forum - The Original Thinkpad Support Forum
Follow ThinkpadsForum on Twitter
 Support this forum, shop at newmodeus.com
 Support the forum, shop at newmodeus.com
System backups occur about 7:00 am EDT and last about 10 minutes. This will slow performance. RSS feeds have been added to the forum.
Donate if you wish to:
bill at thinkpads dot com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:35 am 

Hi

This may be a stupid question, but after I installed an SSD drive in my T60 and installed Windows 7 on it I seem to be missing something.
The On Screen Display doesn't seem to work (when turning the volume up/down there would be an indication on the screen).
I also miss controlling the wireless connections (Fn + F5). These also seem to be missing.

I believe I have installed the available drivers from the Lenovo website.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:54 am 

You installed the HotKey driver?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:13 pm 

ZaZ wrote:
You installed the HotKey driver?

You, sir, are brilliant! That was exactly what I was missing to install.
I'm so happy!

Where I come from we have a saying: "I can't see the forest for mere trees."
This is one such case.

Once again thanks for you help. My "old" laptop is back :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm 

I apologize for reviving an old-ish thread, but I'm running into the exact same issue here, and going through the lenovo support site, the only thing related to Hotkeys I can find is the "Hotkey Features Integration", which I do have installed. After a reboot it still does not work.

I enabled the volume change beep in the BIOS, and the beep goes off, but nothing happens in the OS.

I re-ran the installer, which shows I have the current version of all items, including the System Interface Driver and the On Screen Display. I re-installed both of those and rebooted and still neither the volume buttons or the OSD work.

Any other thoughts? Is it possible they broke something in newer versions of the drivers?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 pm 

Thirtybird wrote:
I apologize for reviving an old-ish thread, but I'm running into the exact same issue here, and going through the lenovo support site, the only thing related to Hotkeys I can find is the "Hotkey Features Integration", which I do have installed. After a reboot it still does not work.

I enabled the volume change beep in the BIOS, and the beep goes off, but nothing happens in the OS.

I re-ran the installer, which shows I have the current version of all items, including the System Interface Driver and the On Screen Display. I re-installed both of those and rebooted and still neither the volume buttons or the OSD work.

Any other thoughts? Is it possible they broke something in newer versions of the drivers?

Well, I'm not exactly sure what I missed, but I did resolve it by running the Thinkvantage update. It found some missing packages, and looking at the descriptions, none of them really seemed to indicate it would fix my issues, but after it was all said and done, everything works properly...