Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

"Hello World" ThinkPad Support Community

Talk about "WhatEVER !"..
Bub McZombieFace

"Hello World" ThinkPad Support Community

#1 Post by Bub McZombieFace » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 pm

I just wanted to say Hi.
Bub McZombieFace

Neil
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

Re: "Hello World" ThinkPad Support Community

#2 Post by Neil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Bub,

Welcome to the forum! What model ThinkPad are you using? Also, curious about the story behind your choice of user names...

Edit: Never mind...I see you are using a T500...still curious about the same though.
Collection = T430 - T500 - R400 - X300 - T61 (14" WXGA+) - R61 (15" SXGA+) - T60 - X40 - T43p - T43 - T42p - A30P

Bub McZombieFace

#3 Post by Bub McZombieFace » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Well, Bub is a character in GTA VCS, he is a zombie you can unlock in multi-player. Most people even Rockstar fans don't know about him. I added the McZombieFace so I could make a facebook. I use it to try to friend strangers before adding them to my real one. I stopped using my old user name "boSShogg1978" for my new one "Bub". I put a lot of thought into my old one and nobody ever got it either. My nickname is Bo. The SS is the best in my opinion. I'd hog them all up if I could. I love 1978 cars the most for beauty. I love American cars very much. I love Pontiac the most, but they are very rare so I lean to Chevy. Even though 78's ran like crap, because of new smog devices that were not very well thought out. I do have a T500 that I love, maybe to much. I actually traded my 1996 Ford Thunderbird for it.
Bub McZombieFace

Neil
Senior ThinkPadder
Senior ThinkPadder

#4 Post by Neil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:59 pm

Cool! 1978 cars, huh? Don't think I've ever owned a '78 model. My first car was a 1970 Ford...I did buy a brand new '79 TransAm right of the showroom floor back in those days though. The only Pontiac I've ever owned, and only kept it for a couple of years.
Collection = T430 - T500 - R400 - X300 - T61 (14" WXGA+) - R61 (15" SXGA+) - T60 - X40 - T43p - T43 - T42p - A30P

Bub McZombieFace

#5 Post by Bub McZombieFace » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:39 pm

I would take any late seventies TA, I love the Bandit. I own a 1987 Z28, but I would rather have a Firebird TA I loved K.I.T.T. as a kid.
Bub McZombieFace

killer
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#6 Post by killer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Hello Bub and welcome to the forums. :)

I used to love old cars until last year. In Sept 2010, in the south of France, a Japanese gentleeman came out of a minor road straight in the path of my Jaguar. The collision was huge. Luckily my wife and I walked away, thanks to sophisticated safety devices. (He admitted full responsibility to the French police.)

On returning home I sold my MG RV8 (not available in the USA ... look it up), which was a seriously high-powered, low weight car, which I loved.
My reason for selling was that it had none of the sophisticted safety features which had saved our lives in the crash.

Modern cars can be boring but our relacement Jaguar XF is very powerful, economical, comfortable, and very safe. It would beat most large engined gas-guzzler from the 1970s round a track any day ... and it has a diesel engine!

Maybe where you are, the traffic is much lighter than in Europe. My old mate in Oz has a 1959 Frogeye Sprite (Austin Healy Sprite Mk1) and he loves it like a child, but then Australia only has a small population compared to here.

Each to their own. 8)
T540p Win 7 Pro 64

X1 Carbon Win 7 Pro 64 for my wife.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Dogs must be carried on the escalator. Where can I find a dog?

Bub McZombieFace

#7 Post by Bub McZombieFace » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:03 pm

The only MG's we get to see are from to 70's, I'm guessing. They look fun. I like small sports cars too, but I'm a very large man so I can fit in them. I tried to move a Mazda Miata one time, if I had released the clutch I'm sure I'd of killed my co-workers before getting it pushed back in. My older brother had a couple of old Fiats when I was a kid. I like the Triumph Spitfire, if I was going to stick out the top of a convertible, that is the one for me. I like "British Racing Green". Now, I never seen a "Jag" I didn't like. Of course we never see many high end Jaguars here. Our Harper dealer is the only source for anything close to exotic. Our roads have become more crowded lately, but if I drive for several minutes in any direction I'll be on empty streets. It's sad but I play Gran Turismo just to come close to experiencing some of the great cars of the world. If I could pick any car from around the world it would almost certainly be a Dodge Viper. If you have never got to drive a grossly over powered American monster you don't know what your missing.
Bub McZombieFace