Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Mouse/pointer issue with x120e and linux

X100e/X120e/X130e/X140e Series
iMav
Sophomore Member

Mouse/pointer issue with x120e and linux

#1 Post by iMav » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

I am running into this issue under various installs of Linux (the latest two, Ubuntu and OpenSuSE). Happens with an external mouse, trackpoint buttons, and trackpad buttons.

Basically, what happens is that the pointing device buttons are not responded to. It is like the button input is severely lagging at times (up to a minute or more sometimes). The pointer movement is always responsive however.

I originally thought it was something funky with the installation I did, so that is why I've tried several linux distro installs.

Anyone else run into this issue?

iMav
Sophomore Member

Re: Mouse/pointer issue with x120e and linux

#2 Post by iMav » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 am

Appears to be ram-related. No issues with 2x2GB ram installed. 2x4GB gives my visible video issues. And with 2x8GB, I have the before-mentioned problems.

iMav
Sophomore Member

Re: Mouse/pointer issue with x120e and linux

#3 Post by iMav » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:42 am

iMav wrote:Appears to be ram-related. No issues with 2x2GB ram installed. 2x4GB gives my visible video issues. And with 2x8GB, I have the before-mentioned problems.
Wrong. Same issues resurfaced.

I see this issue under any linux distro I install (now currently have Fedora 16 installed).

It actually appears to be somewhat of a windows focus issue. I wonder if I need an updated video driver?