Hi there, thank you for your reply.
- Regarding the touchpad, I couldn't get gestures (except two-finger-scrolling) working on a T410, too. If somebody knows how to get that functionality, it would be great to share that.
I doubt that would work :/ At least you got the scrolling going. How did you?
- For the sound chip - did you try installing VoodooHDA?
Nope, I did not. I gotta try that. I have to. Thanks for the reminder.
- For screen brightness adjustments, you'll need a DSDT hack. There's a great tutorial for creating a DSDT on a W520 - you can use the parts which are not W520-hardware-specific for your X1, too.
I'll try that. How do I know something is not W520 specific? I am really not understanding DSDT patching yet :/
- Regarding WiFi, you'll need a wireless card with an Atheros chipset. If there is no Lenovo-branded card for the X1, you'll have to apply a mod BIOS (if there is one) without the whitelist and replace your Intel wireless card e.g. with an Atheros 9280 from eBay.
[censored]. I don't think I want to change the wireless card. I can live without it for now, anyway. I am using wired ethernet.
- USB 3.0 - I think there is a Kext for that in MultiBeast, did you try that?
Multibeast is rendering my system useless. I don't know why, but I can't seem to use it :/
- SD-card reader - sorry, no idea regarding that.
Multibeast has a patch, but read above.
- Fingerprint reader - try using the TrueSuite software from Authentec, it should work for the X1's Upek fingerprint reader.
Excellent tip, thank you so much! I'll get that.
- Regarding your boot issue - did you install the Chameleon bootloader to that external hard disk?
I read in another forum that the X120 does not want to boot from GUID partition tables. Perhaps this is the issue with the X1 too? I have yet to try it, but this person managed to boot Lion from an MBR partition. The idea is to install to a GUID partition (Lion will only install to GUID partitions), after all is done make an image of your drive, then re-format to MBR and restore the image there. I will try this soon but if anybody tries it before, let me know.