Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

Redundant: New Model Nos...

General Questions, Rumors, Real news & More
loyukfai
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

Redundant: New Model Nos...

#1 Post by loyukfai » Wed May 09, 2012 4:18 am

From the Power Management Driver update... Nothing in particular special...

Code: Select all

[New functions or enhancements]
- Added support for ThinkPad L430,L530,T430,T430i,T430s,T430si,T530,T530i,W530,
  X230,X230i,X230 Tablet,X230i Tablet.
- Added support for ThinkPad Edge E430,E530.
Ref: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc ... ku10ww.txt

ausmike

Re: Redundant: New Model Nos...

#2 Post by ausmike » Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Loyuk*;

Yips ; new Thinpad Edge models for USA. Since I / We currently NO LONGER buy Lenovo ONLY laptops for work (yet Lenovo rep still seems to leave us 'pre-release' laptops' for us to 'play and comment'.....we seem to see lots more new new thinkpads coming with newer 'features'.

As you can see from my Sign. below - we already have two/three supplies and not like before restricted to IBM/Lenovo laptops only. Much to my personal disspointment - thinkpads are not what they 'used to be' eg ONLY ONE MODEL = MIL SPEC's tested and passed (compared to past where ALL TP were MIL SPECs passed! -etc etc) So others/most users seems happier that they are able to choose something more than TP! - yes Lenovo still offers WORLD WIDE WARRANTY - and still is the only one !

We are dismayed , Thinkpads will be diluted into 'bells and whistles' - cheap consumer toys' rather than PURE BUSINESS MACHINES. We have repeatly asked for & begged Lenovo to add "HDMI ports" into thinkpads but seems they either dont care NOR tell us when (and never told us WHY NOT ! techanically seems a no brainer!)....

Edge 430/530 we got has major issues with Cisco VPN clients (HD/W comms) with no real fix insight from Lenovo Tech Support ..............blah blah. However they did have these new SHINE to their screen !! and keyboard is a MESS !

just my 2c wrorth....sorry not just about LEnovo bashing ,,,,,,
Cheers
everyone
Work: None - Retired ! Yipee!! ~~Older/Hm use:Asus Zenbook i7FHD~~ w701ds CTO;W520cto;T61P-IPSmodels; T43P,...&700Tstill going strong!! DEC Alpha Series OS: Win7x64; OSX; SuSe Linux; RedHat~~

Ibthink

#3 Post by Ibthink » Wed May 09, 2012 12:56 pm

thinkpads are not what they 'used to be' eg ONLY ONE MODEL = MIL SPEC's tested and passed (compared to past where ALL TP were MIL SPECs passed!
Huh, no, all T/W/X/L models are MIL SPEC tested. L420, T520, X220, W520 etc. All passed the tests.
cheap consumer toys' rather than PURE BUSINESS MACHINES. We have repeatly asked for & begged Lenovo to add "HDMI ports" into thinkpads but seems they either dont care NOR tell us when (and never told us WHY NOT ! techanically seems a no brainer!)
Well, HMDI is a consumer standard, not a business. The newer digitial business standard is DisplayPort or mDisplayPort. DisplayPort is also much better than HDMI and DP doesn´t add extra cost for the PC-makers, what HDMI is doing, because DP is a license-cost free standard and HDMI not.
IBM ThinkPad R50e | lenovo ThinkPad X301 | lenovo ThinkPad Z61t

loyukfai
ThinkPadder
ThinkPadder

#4 Post by loyukfai » Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Pre-release laptops...? Mean you've already played with one of those...?

I don't share the doom feelings many TPers here have, but perhaps I just ain't following the news and development close enough.

But I agree wholeheartedly that support for ThinkPads is still miles ahead of the competitors.

Cheers.

P.S. In the rase case you want to know, my name is Lo Yuk Fai, Lo is my surname. : )

ausmike

#5 Post by ausmike » Wed May 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Yips ; only for few pennies more ! most 'business' staff can connect and display to any HDTV without any 'teckie staff' needed! But then; how else would all TP'eers connect to hotel HDTV without carrying yet another 'connector cable' ! lol lol :banana:
While rest of the 'mfgers' have already got those HDMI ports ,,,,,even on the cheapest cheapest mdoels ! :eek: :oops: ........... :bow:
Work: None - Retired ! Yipee!! ~~Older/Hm use:Asus Zenbook i7FHD~~ w701ds CTO;W520cto;T61P-IPSmodels; T43P,...&700Tstill going strong!! DEC Alpha Series OS: Win7x64; OSX; SuSe Linux; RedHat~~