Sorry maybe I dont get it- not sure why you need the Apr* cable ?
the steps I wrote above = you dont need anything else - just use the 'existing' stepup
as shipped from factory.
so if your still want to get the Sata cable .... i would recommend this item:<external drive + cable>
and ..use THAT CABLE via the USB PORT to do the "CLONE/IMAGE" of the MAIN DRIVE(i got mine from best buy - used and returned as they have free/no chanrge returns lol)
so than the steps should be:
1) De-Raid via Bios; and reboot
2) install clone / image software like ...Acronis True Image etc ( free version will do)
3) reboot and plug in the 'new 750Gb" drive ...... and clone MAIN DRIVE ONLY
4) once the 'cloned drive' is done , exchange that into MAIN DRIVE..
5) reboot , ( but remove the other drive in adaptor bay) , once fully booted , check everything works ( but DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES or ADD/DELETE ANYTHING )
6) Shut down and install the 'other 750GB' into the adaptor bay.... and
7) Change BIOS to RAID , reboot and rebuild RAID
once all raid rebuild is done , you should be set to go....
ps ..not sure what intel you got ( mine is XM) and it took 2hrs+ to rebuild my raids from the factory 320GB.... and everything worked like a charm...
and now laptop boots to desktop in around 12-15sec! never needed SSD ! ( I dont have colour calab etc ,, but rest is fully loaded spec