Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

R61i died then came back

R30/R40, A30/A31, G40/G50 and Z60/Z61 Series. NOT for AMD-Ryzen.
Indy452
Freshman Member

R61i died then came back

#1 Post by Indy452 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Never really had any issues to speak of with this laptop until this morning when I left my R61i on unplugged from the A/C adapter and the battery went dead shutting the machine down. When I went to plug it in it wouldn't turn on or anything...no sign of life at all....I removed the battery etc..etc but what I ended up doing was leaving the battery and ac cable off then an hour later I plugged in the ac and the battery and all is well again. Why did it scare me like that? Is it a sign of things to come?

ausmike

Re: R61i died then came back

#2 Post by ausmike » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Yips... thats the CORRCT PROCESS ,,,,,,( in your case was jsut lucky u got those steps right ) :thumbs-UP:
> that flushed any " crud" etc ,,,, and after an hour msot laptops = would boot NORMAL ... like nothing happened!

just the way GOD MADE older thinkpads ! ......... try doing that with some of the current models :help:
Work: None - Retired ! Yipee!! ~~Older/Hm use:Asus Zenbook i7FHD~~ w701ds CTO;W520cto;T61P-IPSmodels; T43P,...&700Tstill going strong!! DEC Alpha Series OS: Win7x64; OSX; SuSe Linux; RedHat~~

ScottyBoy
Sophomore Member

Re: R61i died then came back

#3 Post by ScottyBoy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am

ausmike wrote:just the way GOD MADE older thinkpads !
+1 - Built like bricks they were!!! :wink: