Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

ThinkPad marketing assistance with options, specs, etc.

Want to know HOW TO..? Have a FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION..?
If you can't find it here, tell us and we'll publish whatever you need
ConfiguratorHelp

ThinkPad marketing assistance with options, specs, etc.

#1 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:01 pm

(Edited to bring the status up to date)

I am the guy who used to maintain the PC Sales Guide/Configurator for N. America and EMEA a couple of years ago. After a nasty experience trying to buy a new ThinkPad for a relative, I decided Lenovo needed that software again. Starting in Jan/2010, I deleted all the obsolete partnumbers, and started loading in all the current products. I am keeping it up to date, and it has most prices - I get them from Lenovo Canada and Lenovo USA and from Canadian and U.S. Business Partners. I don't have permission to show supply values. Probably the best feature is Needs Assist (http://www.pscfg.com/needs.htm) where you can select over 20 different feeds & speeds, and the engine will locate all matching systems in less than a second. Some of the other functions are "Can I get a list of the options for my particular model, including the standard features, complete with option prices ?", and "Can I get a list of all the current models in family X, complete with prices ?".

Target response to assistance requests is 5 minutes from when I see your note. I may not monitor this site as often as I do the web page "contact us", or my Skype name - configuratorhelp. If you include your phone number and are in N. America, I can call you back. Oh yes, there is no charge for my marketing assistance. I am NOT able to provide any technical assistance at all.....not my field. The Help Desk is staffed 0400 to 1200 weekdays, EST. That way I can support EMEA too. I have German and French versions too, and Spanish is possible as well. I have no source for the partnumbers announced in countries other than N. America and Europe. Response time outside those hours may be longer. Lenovo has not tested or otherwise approved my work. It is on a best effort basis. But it IS pretty good. You can get a copy to download and run on your own PC. Try it.
Last edited by ConfiguratorHelp on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

tfflivemb2
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ThinkPad marketing assistance with options, specs, etc.

#2 Post by tfflivemb2 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:13 pm

The Original Poster was sent here by an Admin, and was given permission to post this thread.

ConfiguratorHelp

#3 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:43 pm

I now have European partnumbers and prices in UK pounds and Euros for Lenovo Mobiles. Not everything they sell in Europe, just the models listed in the PSREF for Europe thus far. Again, there is no charge for any assistance I might be able to provide. I saw one topic where someone wanted info re SecureDoc. I have lots of partnumbers and Lenovo List prices from several sources, and Lenovo Business Partner prices, for both Canada and the U.S., as well as lots of other software, like Computrace, SafeGuard, Sophos, Absolute, Serden, OmniPass, LANDesk, if anyone is interested. I don't sell any of this, I just provide info.

ConfiguratorHelp

#4 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 pm

A further enhancement to the PC Sales Guide/Configurator..... we have now published an Android app that will read the PDB files the Configurator can generate. For example, suppose you want a list of current ThinkPads, complete with partnumber, one-line description, extended description, and price. Or maybe a list of withdrawn models too. You want to be able to search on a partnumber, a partial partnumber, or a text string that might be in the extended description (e.g. Optimus, i3-2310M, 256 SSD, SDXC etc.) and you want to have all this fit in your pocket. Oh, and one other thing, you want to be able to have the descriptions in English, French or German.......

Taa daa. You asked for it, you got it. Go to the Google Play Store, and search for LenovoLook. Install the app on your cell phone (it might work on a Tablet - I just don't have one to test that) and you are almost finished. Get a copy of the Configurator from www.pscfg.com/downloads.htm and you can create one or many personalised databases. Copy them to your phone and away you go !

I don't work for Lenovo.

ConfiguratorHelp

#5 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

A small enhancement to the PC Sales Guide/Configurator.....the latest version (30 Sep/2012) now includes prices for Portugal and Belgium. Caution.....don't expect a lot of system unit prices. For some reason, my sources have hardly any system unit prices for Europe. Lots of options prices, though. If anyone wants other countries included, let me know. While the Android app mentioned above is not being downloaded that much - I think it is incredibly neat - the BlackBerry version is under test, and should be released shortly. The $1 fee goes to fund the next version, which will probably be for the iPhone. After that, maybe a BB PlayBook version.

ConfiguratorHelp

#6 Post by ConfiguratorHelp » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:07 am

By popular request, the web site for the PC Sales Guide/Configurator

http>//www.pscfg.com/downloads.htm

now has two PDB files containing really old product specs, some dating back to 2000 and perhaps a bit earlier. So you could get the Android app (LenovoLook) available from

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mVhZGVyIl0.

install it on your Android phone, along with both of these databases, and you have instant access anywhere to product details for long-withdrawn products. If your interest is more along the lines of current or recently withdrawn models, you can use the Configurator mentioned above, to create your own database(s). Instructions are available on the Configurator web site.

There is no charge for the Android app, LenovoLook. Any revenue generated is going to fund development of the next versions - first BlackBerry, and later iPhone or BB PlayBook. The BlackBerry version or LenovoLook is due out in a Oct/2012, with luck.

I do not work for Lenovo.

Edited to correct the cost of the app. LenovoLook is now free, and has been for many months.